Saturday 29 May 2010

Käte Hoch

Käthe Hoch (1873-1933)

nr.1

Why is it that so many artists I admire have left so little traces (footsteps) on the planet. When I saw my first Käthe Hoch I was thrilled and I won it on Ebay, I just had to have it. To win is not the phrase, I simply outbid the rest ofcourse.

Searching the Internet I was lucky to stumble upon another some time after. The first came to me from Germany and the other one I found in a New York based internet-shop. The seller happy to make a deal.

nr. 2


I can't find anything on her life or other works other then this Italian auction announcement of an oil on canvas signed and dated 1927: "Stilleben mit Stiefeln". Still life with boots. Which is not exactly my cup of tea.



All other information on Käte Hoch would be very welcomed.

1 comment:

  1. There's a Kaethe Hoch who illustrated a 1929 book called Kalendergeschichten by Oscar Maria Graf

    http://www.abebooks.de/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=3055057699&searchurl=sortby%3D0%26vci%3D2732083

    from Google Books:

    Oskar Maria Graf:

    "Wilfried F. Schoeller, Oskar Maria Graf - 1994

    Sie wurde illustriert mit Federzeichnungen von Käthe Hoch, einer Bekannten von Georg Schrimpf und Alexander Kanoldt. (Käthe Hoch, 1873 geb., Kindheit in München. In Paris Kontakt zu Toulouse-Lautrec. In München im Kreis der Neuen ..."

    ReplyDelete