Saturday 28 January 2017

Eibsee und Zugspitze

M. Jung ?
(Unknown printmaker) 

"Eibsee and Zugspitze" near Garmisch Partenkirchen 


This print was in Ebay for quite some time and I have no clue yet who might have created it. I read M. Jung.?? but I may be mistaken. It has been cut and printed in the "traditional" way much like these "Fichte", fir trees, by my printmaking muze Else Schmiedeberg. 



I have no printmakers in my archive with these initials but Vienna "Wienerwerkstatt" artist M(oriz) Jung (1885-1915) but what I know of his wonderful graphic work does not come near although he is mentioned as "Holzschnitt" artist. 


I'm not an Alps or Bavaria expert but Googling I discovered this spectacularly beautiful region on the German-Austrian border: near Garmisch Partenkirchen, some 70 km south of Munich. The location is pretty accurate. And thanks to the limitless possibilities of the Internet I think this photo is taken from about the same spot where the artist stood 80-100 (?) years ago.  





Please help me to identify this printmaker. 

---------------------------

All pictures borrowed freely from the Internet for friendly and educational and non commercial use only. 

No comments:

Post a Comment