Thursday 25 April 2019

Linosaurus ALMOST extinct

Rectification 

Linosaurus almost extinct


I am confused, pleasantly surprised and humbled by the many supporting emails and comments I received (and still am receiving) after writing the obituary for the Linosaurus blog. Thank you. 

Although still extremely disappointed and annoyed by such ignorance and arrogance I also noticed: a great many readers obviously took the hurdle of the "Beware this site with objectionable contents" button installed by an anonymous and coward reader who did not have the guts to address to me personally and tell me wat his/hers problem were. A policy Google suggests btw. but obviously does not follow up.  

After multiple requests to please not to delete old posts, I of course decided not to take the Blogs contents "down". Directly.  

I have invested 10 years of my life in this Blog as in both books describing my  exceptional collection of prints (richly illustrations and with comments) as well as the second book containing the many hundreds of short biographies dedicated to the obscured German (speaking) women woodblock printmaking artist (were born in the 19th century) and the connections with their teachers, academies, galleries, colleagues and friends accompanied by their Baltic, Scandinavian, Dutch, Hungarian and Russian sisters and colleagues.

Besides I thin I need this platform in the near future to announce the publication for those most interested, the Blog readers. Even if I put it to rest for a while recovering from yesterdays silly, shameful and painful events.

Thank you for your sympathy and support.           

2 comments:

  1. By the way, that WARNING did not come up this time. So glad you've decided to wait. I'm breathing a long sigh of relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gerrie,
    for personal reasons (a Hollandse Herder Ruwhaar pup moved in - I know that you are not too fond of dogs) I did not visit your blog for a while. When I just did I found the "warning" and thought wtf...?
    I understand your reaction as I would be p*ssed off as well if such had happened to me. But please do not remove your old postings as this is just what "they" want to happen.
    "They" are busy to convert our open-minded society into something they would prefer: a mass of non-intellectual and non-mobile mass of human kettle. This conversion is making progress.
    So please do not play into "their" hands by backing off.
    THX & best regards
    Markus

    ReplyDelete